on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Vandeventer family come from? What is the Dutch Vandeventer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vandeventer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vandeventer family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Deventer, Devennter, Deventter, Deventers, Deventor, Deventere, Deventerre, Deventeres and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Utrecht, a city and capital of the province of Utrecht. The ramparts of this ancient city were destroyed in 1830. The Domkerk (1254) is on the site of the original church of St.Willibrord in 720. In the crypt are the hearts of Conrad II (1039) and Henry V (1125) two German Emperors. The Museum is notable for its relics and artifacts. Its tumultuous history was strongly influenced by religious conflict. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vandeventer research. Another 155 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1500 and 1575 are included under the topic Early Vandeventer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 125 words (9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vandeventer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vandeventer Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jan Pietersen VanDeventer, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1620-1664
- Pieter Jansen VanDeventer, who landed in New Jersey in 1662
- Pieter Jansen VanDeventer, who came to New Jersey in 1662
- Jan VanDeventer, who came to New Jersey in 1662
- Jan Pietersen VanDeventer, who arrived in New Netherland sometime between 1620 and 1664
Vandeventer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Cornelius Vandeventer, who came to New York in 1776
- Abraham Vandeventer, who arrived in New York in 1776
Vandeventer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Wernard Vandeventer, who settled in 1854
- C. VanDeventer, who came to Texas in 1881
- C VanDeventer, who landed in Texas in 1881
Vandeventer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- David van Deventer, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1907
- Mrs.M.L. Van Deventer, who settled in America, in 1907
- Martha Van Deventer, aged 33, who emigrated to the United States, in 1911
- Franciscus Van Deventer, aged 27, who emigrated to America from Barendriehl, Holland, in 1911
- Franciskers Van Deventer, aged 30, who landed in America from Leiden, Holland, in 1913
- Juan Van Deventer (b. 1983), South African Olympic distance runner at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Lieutenant-General Sir Jacob van Deventer KCB CMG DTD (1874-1922), South African military commander
- Danny van Deventer, Cinematographer
- Marie Van Deventer, Actress
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Großes Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
The Vandeventer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vandeventer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 January 2014 at 19:31.
on orders of $85 or more