Vanderpool History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Vanderpool family
The surname Vanderpool was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. Seat of one of the oldest families is Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province. including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Vanderpool family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vanderpool research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1810 and 1815 are included under the topic Early Vanderpool History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vanderpool Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Poll, Polle, Pol, Pole, Polles, Polls, Poles, Pols, Poel, Pole, de Poll, de Poel and many more.
Early Notables of the Vanderpool family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Vanderpool Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vanderpool migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vanderpool Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Oakley Vanderpool, who settled in New York, NY in 1848
Contemporary Notables of the name Vanderpool (post 1700) +
- Daniel Isom Vanderpool (1891-1988), American minister and general superintendent in the Church of the Nazarene
- Daven "Prestige" Vanderpool, American Rap & R&B producer
- Clare Vanderpool (b. 1965), American children's author
- Syd “The Jewel” Vanderpool (b. 1972), Canadian North American Boxing Organization champion
- J. P. Vanderpool, American politician, Mayor of Okmulgee, Oklahoma, 1955-56 
- Beach Vanderpool, American politician, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, 1846-48; Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Essex County, 1851-52 
- Alex Vanderpool, Bahamian international soccer player
- Fitzroy "Fitz The Whip" Vanderpool (b. 1967), Canadian professional boxer
Related Stories +