on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Dutch, German
Where did the Dutch Vanderpoel family come from? What is the Dutch Vanderpoel family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vanderpoel family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vanderpoel family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Poll, Polle, Pol, Pole, Polles, Polls, Poles, Pols, Poel, Pole, de Poll, de Poel and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. Seat of one of the oldest families is Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province. including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vanderpoel research. Another 285 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1810 and 1815 are included under the topic Early Vanderpoel History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Vanderpoel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vanderpoel Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Wynant Gerretse VanDerPoel, who settled in Albany, NY in 1647
- Wynant Gerretse VanDerPoel, who arrived in Albany, NY in 1647
- Teunis Cornelisse VanDerPoel, who arrived in New York in 1654
- Teunis Cornelisse VanDerPoel, who landed in New York in 1654
- Wynant Gerritse Vanderpoel, who came to New Netherland sometime between 1620 and 1664
Vanderpoel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- W. Van der Poel, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
Vanderpoel Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Samuel J Van der Poel, who landed in America, in 1908
- Leentje Apolonia van der Poel, aged 24, who landed in America from Vuyenban, Holland, in 1910
- Jonannes E. Van der poel, aged 25, who emigrated to America from Holland, Laszenkeim, in 1911
- John Van der Poel, aged 56, who landed in America, in 1914
- Johannes Cornelius Van Der Poel, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Rotterdam, Holland, in 1920
- Isaac V. Vanderpoel (1814-1871), American lawyer and politician
- Waid Richard Vanderpoel (1922-2003), American financier and conservationist
- Aaron Vanderpoel (1799-1870), U.S. Representative from New York
- Washington Irving Vanderpoel (b. 1880), American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 1st District, 1926
- W. G. Vanderpoel, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wyoming, 1964
- Samuel O. Vanderpoel, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 16th District, 1880
- James Vanderpoel, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Columbia County, 1810-11, 1815-16, 1820-21
- Aaron Vanderpoel (1799-1870), American Democrat politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Columbia County, 1826, 1830; U.S. Representative from New York 8th District, 1833-37, 1839-41
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- De Jong, Gerald Francis. The Dutch in America 1609-1974. New York: Twayne, 1975. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Vanderpoel Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vanderpoel Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 February 2016 at 09:35.
on orders of $85 or more