Early Origins of the Vanderhoof family
The surname Vanderhoof was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands
. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. Seat of one of the oldest families is Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province. including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Vanderhoof family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vanderhoof research.Another 193 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1815 and 1816 are included under the topic Early Vanderhoof History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vanderhoof Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Hoeff, van der Hoeff, Hoef, van der Hoef, Hoeft, Hoft, Hovet, Hövet, Höft, Hooft, van den Hooft, vandenHoft, vanderHoft, vanderHoeff, vandenHoeff, vanHoof, vanHooff, de Hooft and many more.
Early Notables of the Vanderhoof family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Vanderhoof Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Vanderhoof family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vanderhoof Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mrs. Vanderhoof, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
Vanderhoof Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Nelson B. Vanderhoof, aged 29, who settled in America, in 1907
- William B. Vanderhoof, who landed in America, in 1908
- William Vanderhoof, aged 54, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Abby Vanderhoof, aged 59, who landed in America, in 1910
- Charles Vanderhoof, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Vanderhoof (post 1700)
- John David Vanderhoof (b. 1922), American politician, 37th Governor of Colorado
- Kurdt Vanderhoof (b. 1961), American guitarist
- John David Vanderhoof (1922-2013), American Republican politician, Member of Colorado State House of Representatives, 1951-70; Lieutenant Governor of Colorado, 1971-73; Governor of Colorado, 1973-75 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html