Early Origins of the Valiquette family
The surname Valiquette was first found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of the Rhone and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Valiquette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Valiquette research.Another 215 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1653 and 1658 are included under the topic Early Valiquette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valiquette Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Valiquet, Valesque, Valequet, Valesquet, Valesquette, Valequette, Valiquette, Valliquet, Valliquette, Vallequet, Vallequette, Vallesque, Valisque and many more.
Early Notables of the Valiquette family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Valiquette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Valiquette family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jean Valiquet, who was on record in Montreal in 1653.
Contemporary Notables of the name Valiquette (post 1700)
- Marigene Gertrude Valiquette (b. 1924), American former politician, Member of the Ohio Senate (1969-1986), Member of the Ohio House of Representatives (1963-1969)
- Stephen Valiquette (b. 1977), retired Canadian ice hockey goaltender
- Max Valiquette (b. 1963), Canadian commentator and television host
- John Joseph "Jack" Valiquette (b. 1954), retired Canadian ice hockey forward, Toronto Maple Leafs first round draft pick in 1974
- Gilles Valiquette (b. 1952), Canadian rock musician, stage actor and record producer