Valiquet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Valiquet family
The surname Valiquet was first found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of the Rhone and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Valiquet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Valiquet research. Another 108 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1653 and 1658 are included under the topic Early Valiquet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valiquet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valiquet, Valesque, Valequet, Valesquet, Valesquette, Valequette, Valiquette, Valliquet, Valliquette, Vallequet, Vallequette, Vallesque, Valisque and many more.
Early Notables of the Valiquet family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Valiquet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valiquet migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Valiquet Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Jean Valiquet, who was on record in Montreal in 1653
- Jehan Valiquet, who arrived in Montreal in 1658
- Jean Valiquet, son of Jean and Nicole, who married Renée Loppé, daughter of Jean and Marie, in Montreal, Quebec on 23rd September 1658 
Valiquet Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Pierre Valiquet, son of Jean and Renée, who married Élisabeth Campeau, daughter of Etienne and Catherine, in Montreal, Quebec on 15th August 1701 
- Pierre-Louis Valiquet, son of Pierre and Élisabeth, who married Marie-Madeleine Chartrand, daughter of Thomas and Marguerite, in Terrebonne, Quebec on 19th February 1729 
- Louis Valiquet, son of Pierre and Élisabeth, who married Marie Lamarche, daughter of Joseph and Élisabeth, in Longue-Pointe, Quebec on 22nd October 1731 
- Augustin-François Valiquet, son of Pierre and Élisabeth, who married Françoise Chartran, daughter of Thomas and Marguerite, in Quebec on 9th February 1739 
- Pierre Valiquet, son of Pierre and Marie-Madeleine, who married Marie-Catherine Limoges, daughter of Jacques and Angélique, in Sainte-Rose, Quebec on 20th June 1757 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 2, Institut Drouin, 1958.