Valade History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Valade family
The surname Valade was first found in Périgord where this distinguished family held a family seat and were members of the aristocracy of that region, and held many alliances with notable families, such as, Durand, Durant, Roubert, Tessière, Simonin, Chaugy, and Velle.
Early History of the Valade family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Valade research. Another 49 words (4 lines of text) covering the year 1547 is included under the topic Early Valade History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Valade Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Valade, Vallade, Vallad, Valad, Vallaud, Valaud, Valat, Vallat, Valleau, Valleaux, Valades, Valady, Vallady, Valladao, La Vallaud, La Valat, La Vallade and many more.
Early Notables of the Valade family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Valade Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Valade is the 1,621st most popular surname with an estimated 3,690 people with that name. 
Valade migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Valade Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Jean Valade, who arrived in Quebec in 1668 from Guyenne to the south of Perigord
- Guillaume Valade, who arrived in Quebec in 1669 from Aunis on the west coast of France, to the west of Angoumois
- Guillaume Valade, son of André and Sara, who married Françoise Encelin, daughter of Gilles and Catherine, in Quebec on 10th November 1669 
Valade Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jean Valade who settled in Quebec in 1712 from Angoumois near Bordeaux on the west coast of France, on the western border of Perigord
- Jean Valade, son of Pierre and Marguerite, who married Marie Godeau, daughter of Etienne and Marie-Françoise, in Montreal, Quebec on 18th December 1712 
- Guillaume Valade, son of Guillaume and Françoise, who married Marie-Josephte Deguire, daughter of François and Marie-Rose, in Montreal, Quebec on 8th January 1713 
- Jean-Baptiste Valade, son of Guillaume and Françoise, who married Marie Biétry, daughter of Jacques and Élisabeth, in Montreal, Quebec on 25th January 1718 
- Charles Valade, son of Guillaume and Françoise, who married Christine Bertrand, daughter of Jean and Marie-Charlotte, in Montreal, Quebec on 25th June 1720 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Valade (post 1700) +
- Ernest C. Valade, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives, 1946, 1948, 1950, 1952, 1954 
- C. C. Valade, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Michigan State Senate 1st District, 1946 
- Arthur L. Valade, American Democratic Party politician, Mayor of River Rouge, Michigan, 1933-37 ; Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Michigan 16th District, 1936 
- Arthur Valade, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Michigan State Senate 1st District, 1948, 1950, 1952, 1954 
- Jean Valade (1710-1787), French painter and pastel artist of the Rococo movement
- Georges-Joseph Valade (1922-1997), Canadian politician, Member of Parliament for Sainte-Marie (1958-1972)
- Ambrogio Valadé (1937-2007), Italian professional football player
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 2, Institut Drouin, 1958.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html