Vaillancourt History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Vaillancourt family
The surname Vaillancourt was first found in Lorraine where this distinguished family held a family seat at Guélis, and were important members of the aristocracy of that region.
Notable of this family was: French Botanist, Sébastien Vaillant, 1669-1722; Jean-Baptiste Vaillant, Marshall of France, born 1790 and died in Paris in 1872; Edouard Vaillant, French Socialist, 1840-1915; Auguste Vaillant, Anarchist, 1861-1894; Paul Vaillant-Couturier, 1892-1937, Member of the French Central Communist Party.
Pierre Vaillant, son of Philippe and Jacqueline (née Hetiere), travelled from Poitiers, France to the New World in the 17th century. He married Jeanne Fauche in Batiscan, Quebec on 29th February 1688. They settled in Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pérade and remained there until Jeanne's death on 21st November 1721. 
Important Dates for the Vaillancourt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vaillancourt research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1669, 1722, 1790, 1840, 1861, 1872, 1892, and 1894 are included under the topic Early Vaillancourt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vaillancourt Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vaillant, Vailant, Vailland, Vailand, Le Vailland, Levailland, LeVaillant, Le Vaillant, Levaillant, Vaillancourt and many more.
Early Notables of the Vaillancourt family (pre 1700)
Another 40 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vaillancourt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vaillancourt migration to Canada
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vaillancourt Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Robert Vaillancourt, who settled in Quebec
Vaillancourt Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- S. Vaillancourt, who settled in St. Therese, Canada, in 1908
- Benjamin Vaillancourt, aged 68, who settled in Montreal, Canada, in 1910
- Corine Vaillancourt, aged 27, who immigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1910
- Emily Vaillancourt, aged 61, who settled in Montreal, Canada, in 1912
- James A. Vaillancourt, aged 61, who immigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1912
Contemporary Notables of the name Vaillancourt (post 1700)
- Dan Vaillancourt, American singer/songwriter and guitar virtuoso
- Gilles Vaillancourt (b. 1941), Canadian politician, Mayor of the city of Laval, Quebec, Canada in 1989
- Sarah Marie Vaillancourt (b. 1985), Canadian Olympics women's ice hockey player
- Armand Vaillancourt (b. 1929), Québécois sculptor, painter and performance artist
- François Vaillancourt (b. 1967), Montreal-based Canadian painter
You May Also Like
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print