Origins Available: Italian
Early Origins of the Vacca family
The surname Vacca was first found in Saluzzo, Piedmont
, where Alberta Vacca held the monastery in 1155. Bearers of the Vacca surname have been found in records from almost every part of Italy. Spelling variations
of this name which end in "o" are more common in the south of Italy, whereas the more common variations which end in "i" appear mostly in the north. The variation Vacchi is particularly common in the region of Emilia-Romagna
, while Vaccai is prevalent in Tuscany
. The name comes from the Italian word "vaccaro," meaning "cattle herder," which was presumably the occupation
of the name's first bearer.
Early History of the Vacca family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vacca research.Another 81 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1670, 1636, 1675, 1655, 1706, 1678 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Vacca History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vacca Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Vacca, Vacchi, Vacchelli, Vaccariello, Vaccarella, Vaccai, Vaccari, Vaccaro, Vaccarini, Vaccarino, Vaccaroni, Vaccher, Vacquer and many more.
Early Notables of the Vacca family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea Vaccaro (1600-1670), an Italian painter of the Baroque period; Francesco Vaccaro or Vicaro (c.
1636-1675), an Italian painter... Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vacca Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Vacca family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vacca Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agnello Vacca, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States from Avellino, Italy, in 1904
- Addelorato Vacca, aged 16, who emigrated to America from Castelpetroso, Italy, in 1905
- Carmine Vacca, aged 21, who landed in America from Castelpetroso, Italy, in 1910
- Addolorato Vacca, aged 2, who landed in America from Casselepetioso, Italy, in 1911
- Carlo Vacca, aged 2, who landed in America from Settimo, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Vacca (post 1700)
- Tony Vacca, American jazz percussionist
- Giovanni Vacca MD, Italian physiologist, professor at the University of Eastern Piedmont, Novara Italy
- Giovanni Enrico Eugenio Vacca (1872-1953), Italian mathematician
- Claudio Vacca (1915-1985), Argentine football goalkeeper