on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Turrentine was first found in Savoy (French: Savoie) in the Rhône-Alpes region of the French Alps, where this illustrious family held a family seat
since ancient times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Turenne, Turraine, Turrenne, Durenne, De Turenne, Torene, Torraine, Toraine, Torenne, Touraine and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Turrentine research. Another 473 words (34 lines of text) covering the years 1399, 1495, 1548, 1646, 1698, 1611, 1675, 1645, 1658, 1800, 1833, 1838 and 1763 are included under the topic Early Turrentine History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Turrentine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Joseph Torrenes, aged 33; settled in New Orleans in 1822.
- William F. Turrentine, American politician, Republican Presidential Elector for Kansas in 1972
- Lloyd I. Turrentine, American politician, Mayor of Escondido, California (1957-1959)
- J. A. Turrentine, American politician, Member of North Carolina state house of representatives from Alamance County in 1881
- Thomas Walter Turrentine Jr. (1928-1997), American swing and hard bop trumpeter of the 1940s to 1960s, brother of Stanley Turrentine
- Stanley William Turrentine (1934-2000), known as "Mr. T" or "The Sugar Man", an American jazz tenor saxophonist
- William F. Turrentine, American Republican politician, Presidential Elector for Kansas, 1972
- W. D. Turrentine, American Republican politician, Presidential Elector for Missouri, 1924
- Lloyd I. Turrentine, American politician, Mayor of Escondido, California, 1957-59
- J. A. Turrentine, American politician, Member of North Carolina State House of Representatives from Alamance County, 1881
- Howard Boyd Turrentine (1914-2010), United States federal judge who held a seat on the United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Turrentine Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Turrentine Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 January 2016 at 13:07.
on orders of $85 or more