on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Turgeon family come from? What is the French Turgeon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Turgeon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Turgeon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Turgeon, Turgis, Tourgis, Turgot, Turgan and others.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Turgeon research. More information is included under the topic Early Turgeon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 273 words(20 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Turgeon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Turgeon Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Charles Turgeon, who married in 1648 in Quebec
- Claire Turgeon married in Quebec in 1665
- Jean Turgeon married in 1688 in Quebec
Turgeon Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jacques Turgeon married in Beaumont, Quebec in 1704
- Elisabeth Turgeon married in Beaumont, Quebec in 1723
- Angelique Turgeon married in Beaumont, Quebec in 1723
- Louis Turgeon married in Beaumont, Quebec in 1728
- Geneviève Turgeon married in Beaumont, Quebec in 1729
- Mark Turgeon (b. 1965), American head basketball coach of Wichita State University
- Robert Louis Turgeon, lawyer and executive in Montreal
- Pierre Turgeon (b. 1969), Canadian professional NHL hockey player who played from 1987 to 2007
- Sylvain Turgeon (b. 1965), Canadian professional NHL hockey player who played from 1983 to 2002, older brother of Pierre Turgeon
- Serge Turgeon, Quebec actor
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
The Turgeon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Turgeon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 August 2014 at 16:13.
on orders of $85 or more