Turenne History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Turenne family
The surname Turenne was first found in Savoy (French: Savoie) in the Rhône-Alpes region of the French Alps, where this illustrious family held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Turenne family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Turenne research. Another 237 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1399, 1495, 1548, 1646, 1698, 1611, 1675, 1645, 1658, 1800, 1833, 1838 and 1763 are included under the topic Early Turenne History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Turenne Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Turenne, Turraine, Turrenne, Durenne, De Turenne, Torene, Torraine, Toraine, Torenne, Touraine and many more.
Early Notables of the Turenne family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Turenne Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Turenne family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Joseph Torrenes, aged 33; settled in New Orleans in 1822.
Contemporary Notables of the name Turenne (post 1700) +
- Woodny Turenne (b. 1987), American football cornerback
- Henri de Turenne (1921-2016), French journalist and screenwriter
- Claudine de La Tour Turenne (1520-1591), French lady-in-waiting of Marguerite de Valois (1553–1615), the spouse of the French king Henri IV
- Raoul of Turenne, Archbishop of Bourges, France from 840 to 866
- Darcy Turenne (b. 1984), Canadian professional free ride mountain bike athlete
- Louis Turenne (b. 1933), Canadian movie and television actor
- Luc Turenne, Businessman of Quebec
Related Stories +