Tuggle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Tuggle family
The surname Tuggle was first found in Somerset
where they held a family seat
from very ancient times, and believed to be descended from Hugh, a Norman knight, who held from the Norman Baron
, Roger Arundel, the lands of Tocheswelle-Willa, an ancient farm and village which became known as Tuxwell.
Early History of the Tuggle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tuggle research.Another 259 words (18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tuggle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tuggle Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Tuggle family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Tuggle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Tuggle family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tuggle Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Harry Gordan Tuggle, aged 39, who settled in Danville, Virgina, in 1923
- John Tuggle, aged 21, who emigrated to Williamsburg, Kentucky in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Tuggle (post 1700)
- Kenneth H. Tuggle (1904-1978), American Republican, the 39th Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky
- Corwin C. Tuggle (b. 1991), American broadway singer
- Richard Tuggle (b. 1948), American film director and writer
- John Davis Tuggle (b. 1961), retired American NFL football player
- Jessie Floyd Tuggle (b. 1965), retired professional American football linebacker
Suggested Readings for the name Tuggle
- The Tuggle Family of Virginia by Vivian S. Tuggle.
Tuggle Family Crest Products