on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Truesdale family come from? What is the English Truesdale family crest and coat of arms? When did the Truesdale family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Truesdale family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Trewsdale, Trewdale, Trowsdale, Trowdale, Trowesdale, Trewesdale, Truesdale, Truedale, Trudell, Trudall, Trusdale, Trusdall, Trussdell and many more.
First found in Lincolnshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Truesdale research. Another 314 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1455, 1487, 1510, and 1600 are included under the topic Early Truesdale History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Truesdale Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Truesdale Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Richard Truesdale, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1635
Truesdale Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- H B Truesdale, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
Truesdale Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Annie E. Truesdale, aged 20, who landed in America from Ireland, in 1902
- Ruby Truesdale, aged 25, who landed in America from Waterford, in 1903
- Samuel Truesdale, aged 48, who settled in America from Newcastle, Ireland, in 1907
- Jane Truesdale, aged 58, who landed in America from Bolton, England, in 1907
- William Truesdale, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States from Belfast, Ireland, in 1907
Truesdale Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Laura Truesdale, aged 12, who settled in Brantford, Canada, in 1918
- William Truesdale (1851-1935), American railroad executive, President of the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad
- Frank Truesdale (1884-1943), American Major League Baseball player
- Yanic Truesdale (b. 1970), Canadian actor
- John Cushman Truesdale (1921-2011), former chair of the National Labor Relations Board in the United States
- Donald Leroy Truesdale (1906-1993), United States Marine Corps Medal of Honor recipient
- C.W. "Bill" Truesdale, founder of New Rivers Press in 1968
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
The Truesdale Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Truesdale Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 March 2013 at 11:45.
on orders of $85 or more