on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Truesdale family come from? What is the English Truesdale family crest and coat of arms? When did the Truesdale family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Truesdale family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Trewsdale, Trewdale, Trowsdale, Trowdale, Trowesdale, Trewesdale, Truesdale, Truedale, Trudell, Trudall, Trusdale, Trusdall, Trussdell and many more.
First found in Lincolnshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Truesdale research. Another 314 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1455, 1487, 1510, and 1600 are included under the topic Early Truesdale History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Truesdale Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Truesdale Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Richard Truesdale, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1635
Truesdale Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- H B Truesdale, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
Truesdale Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Annie E. Truesdale, aged 20, who landed in America from Ireland, in 1902
- Ruby Truesdale, aged 25, who landed in America from Waterford, in 1903
- Samuel Truesdale, aged 48, who settled in America from Newcastle, Ireland, in 1907
- Jane Truesdale, aged 58, who landed in America from Bolton, England, in 1907
- William Truesdale, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States from Belfast, Ireland, in 1907
Truesdale Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Laura Truesdale, aged 12, who settled in Brantford, Canada, in 1918
- Frank Truesdale (1884-1943), American Major League Baseball player
- William Truesdale (1851-1935), American railroad executive, President of the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad
- C.W. "Bill" Truesdale, founder of New Rivers Press in 1968
- Donald Leroy Truesdale (1906-1993), United States Marine Corps Medal of Honor recipient
- John Cushman Truesdale (1921-2011), former chair of the National Labor Relations Board in the United States
- Yanic Truesdale (b. 1970), Canadian actor
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
The Truesdale Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Truesdale Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 March 2013 at 11:45.
on orders of $85 or more