on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Treadway family come from? What is the English Treadway family crest and coat of arms? When did the Treadway family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Treadway family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Treadwell, Treadway, Threadwell, Tredway, Threadway, Tredway, Tradewell, Tradway and many more.
First found in Suffolk where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1248 when Thomas Treddewel held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Treadway research. Another 207 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1603, 1st , 1642, 1455, 1487, 1595 and 1677 are included under the topic Early Treadway History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Treadway Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Treadway Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nathaniel Treadway, who landed in New England in 1640
- Jeff Treadway (b. 1963), American Major League Baseball player
- Tyrus Richard "Ty" Treadway (b. 1967), American game show host, actor and talk show host
- George B. Treadway, American baseball player in the National League from 1893 to 1896
- Thadford Leon "Red" Treadway (1920-1994), American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Richard Fowle "Dick" Treadway (1913-2006), American businessman and politician
- Rick Treadway (b. 1970), American former driver in the Indy Racing League
- Jessica Treadway (b. 1961), American short story writer
- Francis Wilcox Treadway (1869-1925), American politician
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Treadway Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Treadway Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 March 2014 at 09:09.
on orders of $85 or more