Tovar History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Tovar family
The surname Tovar was first found in Asturias, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Tovar family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tovar research. Another 303 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1370, 1415, 1384, 1465, 1547, 1490, 1540, 1496, 1596, 1551, 1629, 1678, 1758 and 1723 are included under the topic Early Tovar History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tovar Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tovias, Tovar, Tovia, Tuvia and others.
Early Notables of the Tovar family (pre 1700)
Notable bearers of the family name Tovar was Don Juan de Tovar y Toledo, 3rd Lord of Cevico and Boca de Huérgano and later 1st Lord of Caracena (c.1370-1415), a Castilian nobleman and military leader; Fernando Sánchez de Tovar or Fernán Sánchez de Tovar, 1st Lord of Belves (died 1384), a Castilian soldier and Admiral of the Middle Ages; Sancho de Tovar, 6th Lord of Cevico, Caracena and Boca de Huérgano (c. 1465-1547), a Portuguese nobleman of Castilian birth, best known...
Another 81 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tovar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Tovar is the 1,828th most popular surname with an estimated 17,409 people with that name. 
Tovar migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tovar Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Alvaro Tovar, who settled in Peru in 1555
Tovar Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Tovar, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1819
- Antonio Tovar, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1819 
- Francisco De Tovar, who landed in America in 1828 
- Sancho De Tovar, who landed in Cartagena in 1834 
- Baltasar De Tovar, who landed in Cartagena in 1834 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Tovar (post 1700) +
- Guadalupe Natalia "Lupita" Tovar (1910-2016), Mexican actress
- Martín Tovar y Tovar (1827-1902), Venezuelan painter of the 19th century
- Manuel Felipe de Tovar (1803-1866), President of Venezuela from 1859-1861
- Luis Felipe Tovar (b. 1961), Mexican performance teacher and actor, three-time winner of the Ariel Award
- Francisco de Paula Vieira da Silva de Tovar e Nápoles (1774-1848), 11th Lord of the Honour of Molelos, 1st Baron and 1st Viscount of Molelos, a Portuguese military officer and politician
- César Leonardo Tovar (1940-1994), nicknamed "Pepito" and "Mr. Versatility", Venezuelan Major League Baseball player who played from 1965 to 1976
- Rigo Tovar, Mexican singer
- Enrique Tovar Avalos, Mexican film director
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)