on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Tovar family come from? What is the Spanish Tovar family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tovar family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tovar family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tovias, Tovar, Tovia, Tuvia and others.
First found in Asturias, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tovar research. Another 605 words (43 lines of text) covering the years 1370, 1415, 1384, 1465, 1547, 1490, 1540, 1496, 1596, 1551, 1629, 1678, 1758 and 1723 are included under the topic Early Tovar History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 309 words (22 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tovar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alvaro Tovar, who came to Peru in 1555
Tovar Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Tovar, who came to Puerto Rico in 1819
- Antonio Tovar, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1819
- Francisco De Tovar, who landed in America in 1828
- Sancho De Tovar, who landed in Cartagena in 1834
- Baltasar De Tovar, who landed in Cartagena in 1834
- Martín Tovar y Tovar (1827-1902), Venezuelan painter of the 19th century
- Manuel Felipe de Tovar (1803-1866), President of Venezuela from 1859-1861
- Luis Felipe Tovar (b. 1961), Mexican performance teacher and actor, three-time winner of the Ariel Award
- Francisco de Paula Vieira da Silva de Tovar e Nápoles (1774-1848), 11th Lord of the Honour of Molelos, 1st Baron and 1st Viscount of Molelos, a Portuguese military officer and politician
- César Leonardo Tovar (1940-1994), nicknamed "Pepito" and "Mr. Versatility", Venezuelan Major League Baseball player who played from 1965 to 1976
- Rigo Tovar, Mexican singer
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Tovar Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tovar Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 March 2015 at 09:20.
on orders of $85 or more