Torralba History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Torralba, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Torralba, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Torralba family originally lived in the place named Torres. There are many towns and villages in Spain that are named Torres, but the most famous are in the provinces of Andalucia, Oviedo in the Principality of Asturias, Burgos in Castilla-Leon, Lerida in Catalonia, Zaragoza in Aragon, and Navarra. The place-name is of Latin origin and it emerged during the Roman occupation of the Iberian Peninsula.
Early Origins of the Torralba family
The surname Torralba was first found in Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
Early History of the Torralba family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Torralba research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1630, 1653 and 1726 are included under the topic Early Torralba History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Torralba Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Torres, Torre, de Torres, de las Torres, de la Torre, de Torre, Turre, de Turre and many more.
Early Notables of the Torralba family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Juan de Torres, a fifteenth century knight; Alfonso de la Torre and Fernando de la Torre, fifteenth century Spanish poets; sixteenth century adventurer Diego de Torres; Francisco de la Torre, sixteenth century Spanish poet; Bartolomé de Torres Naharro, sixteenth century Spanish dramatist; Fernando M. Torre, Count of La Torre, who commanded the Spanish...
Another 58 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Torralba Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Torralba migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Torralba Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan De Torralba, who arrived in Venezuela in 1834 
- Manuel Torralba, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
Contemporary Notables of the name Torralba (post 1700) +
- Ramon Torralba (b. 1887), Spanish footballer who played for FC Barcelona
- Kate Torralba (b. 1978), Filipino fashion designer and musician
- Fermín Sarmiento Torralba (1891-1939), Filipino lawyer and politician, Secretary of the Philippine Senate (1933-1935)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)