on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Tootill family come from? What is the English Tootill family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tootill family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tootill family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Toothill, Totehill, Tottehull, Toutehill and others.
First found in Cambridgeshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tootill research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1649, 1671, 1743, 1688, 1693, 1693, 1697, 1737, 1739 and 1742 are included under the topic Early Tootill History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 111 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tootill Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Tootill family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 47 words (3 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tootill Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- William S. Tootill, aged 22, who emigrated to America from Manchester, in 1905
- David Tootill (b. 1986), English rugby league player
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
The Tootill Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tootill Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 January 2016 at 08:40.
on orders of $85 or more