on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Tizzard family come from? What is the English Tizzard family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tizzard family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tizzard family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tizard, Tizzarde and others.
First found in Dorset where they held a family seat from very early times, at Winterborne St. Martin.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tizzard research. Another 226 words(16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tizzard History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tizzard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tizzard Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Tizzard, who settled in Maryland in 1740
- John Tizzard, who arrived in Maryland in 1740
Tizzard Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Samuel Tizzard, who arrived in America in 1803
- Sam Tizzard settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1864
Tizzard Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- James Tizzard, aged 31, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Agincourt"
- Ken Tizzard, Canadian rock bassist
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Tizzard Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tizzard Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 March 2013 at 00:01.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more