on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Tizzard family come from? What is the English Tizzard family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tizzard family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tizzard family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tizard, Tizzarde and others.
First found in Dorset where they held a family seat from very early times, at Winterborne St. Martin.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tizzard research. Another 226 words (16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tizzard History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tizzard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tizzard Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Tizzard, who settled in Maryland in 1740
- John Tizzard, who arrived in Maryland in 1740
Tizzard Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Samuel Tizzard, who arrived in America in 1803
- Sam Tizzard settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1864
Tizzard Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- James Tizzard, aged 31, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Agincourt"
- James George Tizzard (1982-2001), former English cricketer who played from 2001 to 2002 for Dorset
- Ken Tizzard (b. 1969), Canadian rock bassist from St. John's, Newfoundland, member of The Watchmen
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
The Tizzard Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tizzard Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 June 2015 at 10:35.
on orders of $85 or more