on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Tizzard family come from? What is the English Tizzard family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tizzard family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tizzard family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tizard, Tizzarde and others.
First found in Dorset where they held a family seat from very early times, at Winterborne St. Martin.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tizzard research. Another 226 words(16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tizzard History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tizzard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tizzard Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Tizzard, who settled in Maryland in 1740
- John Tizzard, who arrived in Maryland in 1740
Tizzard Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Samuel Tizzard, who arrived in America in 1803
- Sam Tizzard settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1864
Tizzard Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- James Tizzard, aged 31, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Agincourt"
- Ken Tizzard, Canadian rock bassist
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
The Tizzard Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tizzard Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 March 2013 at 00:01.
on orders of $85 or more