on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English, German
Where did the English Tice family come from? What is the English Tice family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tice family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tice family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tice, Tece, Teece, Tyce, Tees, Teese, Tyse and others.
First found in Hampshire, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tice research. Another 390 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1206, 1279, 1299, 1313, 1500, and 1608 are included under the topic Early Tice History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tice Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tice Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Hanna Tice, who landed in Virginia in 1654
Tice Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Tice settlend Maryland in 1774
- Johan Christian Tice, who landed in New York in 1784
Tice Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Tice, who landed in New York, NY in 1816
- John J Tice, who arrived in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1851
- J Tice, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1855
- George Tice (b. 1938), American photographer
- John Kevin Tice (b. 1960), American football coach and former tight end
- Russell D. Tice (b. 1961), former intelligence analyst for the U.S. Air Force
- Michael Peter Tice (b. 1959), American football National Football League coach
- Douglas Tice, accomplished American lawyer, and Robert Teece, an prominent city official in Randolph, Massachusetts
- Robbie Tice (b. 1990), Canadian soccer player
- Richard Ian "Rico" Tice (b. 1966), British Anglican churchman and writer
- Family History of John V. Tice, Including His Immediate Ancestors and His Descendants by Crist Swartzentruber.
- The Tice Families in America: Theis, Thyssen, Tyssen, Deis by James Strode Elston.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
The Tice Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tice Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 September 2013 at 05:57.
on orders of $85 or more