on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English
The surname Tice was first found in Hampshire
, where they held a family seat
from ancient times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tice, Tece, Teece, Tyce, Tees, Teese, Tyse and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tice research. Another 390 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1206, 1279, 1299, 1313, 1500, and 1608 are included under the topic Early Tice History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Tice Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tice Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Hanna Tice, who landed in Virginia in 1654
Tice Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Tice settlend Maryland in 1774
- Johan Christian Tice, who landed in New York in 1784
Tice Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Tice, who landed in New York, NY in 1816
- John J Tice, who arrived in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1851
- J Tice, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1855
- George Tice (b. 1938), American photographer
- John Kevin Tice (b. 1960), American football coach and former tight end
- Russell D. Tice (b. 1961), former intelligence analyst for the U.S. Air Force
- Michael Peter Tice (b. 1959), American football National Football League coach
- Douglas Tice, accomplished American lawyer, and Robert Teece, an prominent city official in Randolph, Massachusetts
- Robbie Tice (b. 1990), Canadian soccer player
- Richard Ian "Rico" Tice (b. 1966), British Anglican churchman and writer
- Family History of John V. Tice, Including His Immediate Ancestors and His Descendants by Crist Swartzentruber.
- The Tice Families in America: Theis, Thyssen, Tyssen, Deis by James Strode Elston.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Tice Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tice Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 September 2013 at 05:57.
on orders of $85 or more