on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, German
Where did the English Tice family come from? What is the English Tice family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tice family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tice family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tice, Tece, Teece, Tyce, Tees, Teese, Tyse and others.
First found in Hampshire, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tice research. Another 390 words(28 lines of text) covering the years 1206, 1279, 1299, 1313, 1500, and 1608 are included under the topic Early Tice History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tice Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tice Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Hanna Tice, who landed in Virginia in 1654
Tice Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Tice settlend Maryland in 1774
- Johan Christian Tice, who landed in New York in 1784
Tice Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Tice, who landed in New York, NY in 1816
- John J Tice, who arrived in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1851
- J Tice, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1855
- Douglas Tice, accomplished American lawyer, and Robert Teece, an prominent city official in Randolph, Massachusetts
- Michael Peter Tice (b. 1959), American football National Football League coach
- Russell D. Tice (b. 1961), former intelligence analyst for the U.S. Air Force
- John Kevin Tice (b. 1960), American football coach and former tight end
- George Tice (b. 1938), American photographer
- Richard Ian "Rico" Tice (b. 1966), British Anglican churchman and writer
- Robbie Tice (b. 1990), Canadian soccer player
- Family History of John V. Tice, Including His Immediate Ancestors and His Descendants by Crist Swartzentruber.
- The Tice Families in America: Theis, Thyssen, Tyssen, Deis by James Strode Elston.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
The Tice Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tice Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 September 2013 at 05:57.
on orders of $85 or more