on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Scottish Threlkeld family come from? What is the Scottish Threlkeld family crest and coat of arms? When did the Threlkeld family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Threlkeld family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Threlkeld, Threlkelde, Thralkelde, Thrailkill and many more.
First found in Cumberland, where they held a family seat as Lords of the manor of Threlkeld. Today, Threlkeld is a village and civil parish in Cumbria, east of Keswick. The Threlkeld Quarry and Mining Museum is now located there attesting to the long history of mining in the area.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Threlkeld research. Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the year 1360 is included under the topic Early Threlkeld History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Threlkeld Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Threlkeld Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Anthony Threlkeld settled in Barbados in 1635
Threlkeld Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- L Threlkeld, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
Threlkeld Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- James Cameron Threlkeld, aged 48, who settled in America from England, London, in 1908
- Kathryn Threlkeld, aged 43, who emigrated to New York, in 1913
- William Threlkeld, aged 61, who emigrated to New York, in 1913
- Joseph Threlkeld, aged 22, who landed in America from Appleby, England, in 1914
- Charlie Threlkeld, aged 21, who landed in America from Appleby, England, in 1914
Threlkeld Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Joseph Threlkeld, aged 42, who settled in Winnipeg, Canada, in 1910
- Harvey Stuart Threlkeld, aged 39, who emigrated to Toronto, Canada, in 1922
- Richard Threlkeld (1898-1991), American professor of physics
- Dale Threlkeld, American artist
- Richard Threlkeld (b. 1937), American CBS television news correspondent
- The Reverend Lancelot Edward Threlkeld (1788-1859), English missionary who founded a missionary at Lake Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
- Fulton, Alexander. Scotland and Her Tartans: The Romantic Heritage of the Scottish Clans and Families. Godalming: Bramley, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-86283-880-0).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Fairbairn,. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
The Threlkeld Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Threlkeld Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 August 2015 at 13:22.
on orders of $85 or more