Thorneycroft History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Thorneycroft family
The surname Thorneycroft was first found in Cheshire where they held a family seat anciently as Lords of the manor of Thornycroft Hall.
"The family that rose here has spread its roots all over England. 'Richard, lord of Siddington, confirms and quit claims to Richard, the son of Hamo de Thornicroft, all his right, Sic, in certain lands and tenements in a certain place called Thornicroft, in Sydyngton."  Earwaker's East Cheshire lists Richard de Thornicroft there in 1361 and later the same source notes Hugh Thornicroft, of Thornicroft in 1436.
Early History of the Thorneycroft family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Thorneycroft research. Another 88 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1743, 1631, 1692, 1659, 1725, 1697, 1691, 1743, 1663 and 1667 are included under the topic Early Thorneycroft History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Thorneycroft Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Thornicroft, Thornycroft, Thorneycroft, Thorncraft and many more.
Early Notables of the Thorneycroft family (pre 1700)
Notables of the family at this time include Sir John Thornycroft, 1st Baronet (1659-1725), an English Barrister-at-Law, High Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1697. His son was Sir John Thornycroft, 2nd Baronet (1691-1743) but...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Thorneycroft Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Thorneycroft family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Edward Thornicroft settled in Virginia in 1698; Thomas Thorncraft arrived in New York in 1822.
Contemporary Notables of the name Thorneycroft (post 1700) +
- George Edward Peter Thorneycroft (b. 1909), English politician
- Ellen Thorneycroft Fowler (1860-1929), English author
Historic Events for the Thorneycroft family +
- Mr. Percival Thomas Thorneycroft (d. 1912), aged 36, English Third Class passenger from Maidstone, Kent who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking 
- Mrs. Florence Kate Thorneycroft, (née Stears), aged 32, English Third Class passenger from Maidstone, Kent who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived in the sinking in life boat 10 
Related Stories +
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Titanic Passenger List - Titanic Facts. (Retrieved 2016, July 13) . Retrieved from http://www.titanicfacts.net/titanic-passenger-list.html