FREE SHIPPING on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, Welsh
Where did the English Thomaston family come from? What is the English Thomaston family crest and coat of arms? When did the Thomaston family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Thomaston family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Thomasett, Thomsett, Thomset, Thompsett, Thompset, Tompset, Tompsett, Thomsette, Thompsette, Tomsett, Tomasett, Thomasin and many more.
First found in Sussex where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Norman influence of English history dominated after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. The family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that county. This noble family originated in Vosges in Normandy and settled in Sussex sometime after the Conquest.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Thomaston research. Another 165 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Thomaston History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Thomaston Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
The Thomaston Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Thomaston Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 May 2014 at 14:39.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.