Tess History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Tess family
The surname Tess was first found in Switzerland, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Tess family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tess research. Another 79 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tess History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tess Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tess, Tes, Tesse, Tese, Tesses, Tessee, Teses, Tease, Teese, Teess and many more.
Early Notables of the Tess family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Tess Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tess migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tess Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Lewis Tess, aged 50, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1779 
Contemporary Notables of the name Tess (post 1700) +
- Tess "Terry" Gerritsen (b. 1953), American novelist and retired general physician
- Tess Carlson, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Minnesota, 1932, 1948; Presidential Elector for Minnesota, 1956 
- Tess Banion, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kansas, 2008 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html