Teske History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Teske family
The surname Teske was first found in Pomerania, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Teske family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Teske research. Another 210 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1299, 1341, 1717, 1728, 1734, and 1793 are included under the topic Early Teske History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Teske Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tessin, Tessen, Tetzen, Tesken, Teske, Tetze, Tesin, Teszin, Tessine, Tessihn and many more.
Early Notables of the Teske family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Teske Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Teske is the 10,553rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Teske family to Ireland
Some of the Teske family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Teske migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Teske Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Teske, who immigrated to America in 1709 with his wife and two sons
Teske Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Teske, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Bern Rudolph Teske, who landed in America in 1850 
- Julius Teske, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1868 
- Maria Teske, aged 17, who landed in New York, NY in 1874 
- Susanna Teske, aged 19, who arrived in New York, NY in 1874 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Teske Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Christian Teske, aged 41, who immigrated to the United States from Germany, in 1906
- Anna Teske, aged 38, who immigrated to the United States from Berlin, Germany, in 1908
- Asta Teske, aged 18, who landed in America from Lubbow, Germany, in 1923
- Albert Teske, aged 35, who settled in America from Berlin, Germany, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Teske (post 1700) +
- Randy Teske (b. 1963), American professional football player
- Edmund Teske (1911-1996), American photographer
- Werner Teske (1942-1981), Hauptmann (Captain) of the Ministry for State Security of East Germany
- Charlotte Teske (b. 1949), former German female long-distance runner
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)