Early Origins of the Tamburini family
The surname Tamburini was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna
Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. Tamburello (Tambass in Piedmont) is a court game invented in the northern provinces of Italy during the 16th century.
Early History of the Tamburini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tamburini research.Another 189 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1591, 1675, 1594, 1621, 1600, 1648, 1730, 1706 and 1730 are included under the topic Early Tamburini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Tamburini Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Tamburi, Tamborino, Tamorine, Tambourine, Tamburelli, Tamburello, Tamburin, Tamburino, Tamburini, Tamburlini, Tamburo, Tamburri and many more.
Early Notables of the Tamburini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Tommaso Tamburini (1591-1675), an Italian Jesuit moral theologian who also used the name of R. P. Thoma Tamburino; Pietro Paolo Tamburini (1594-1621), an Italian painter of... Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tamburini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Tamburini family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: J. Tamburi, who came to New Orleans in 1838; as well as Cateldo, Dominici, and Patsy Tamburrino, who all arrived in New York between the years 1884 and 1915..
Contemporary Notables of the name Tamburini (post 1700)
- Luciana Tamburini (1952-2006), birth name of Jenny Tamburi, an Italian actress and television hostess
- Tullio Tamburini (1892-1957), Italian soldier, adventurer and fascist official
- Juri Tamburini (b. 1977), Italian footballer
- Stefano Tamburini (1955-1986), Italian graphic artist, comics author and magazine publisher
- Roberto Tamburini (b. 1991), Italian Grand Prix motorcycle road racer
- Francesco Tamburini (1846-1891), Italian-born architect who emigrated to Argentina in 1881 to design many important architectural landmarks
- Antonio Tamburini (b. 1966), Italian former racing driver
- Antonio Tamburini (1800-1876), Italian operatic baritone
- Massimo Tamburini (1943-2014), Italian motorcycle designer for Cagiva, Ducati, and MV Agusta, co-founder of Bimota, a small Italian manufacturer of custom and production motorcycles in 1973