Szymczak History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Szymczak is of Polish origins. The name is derived from the personal name "Szymon," and the characteristic Polish suffix "-ski," meaning "son of." Thus, the name Szymczak means "son of Szymon."
Early Origins of the Szymczak family
The surname Szymczak was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. Wolczyn was the seat of the Czartoryski family.
Another source claims the name came from Szlubowo, Masovia and later appear in Podlaise in 1545 with evidence of nobility in Warsaw. 
Early History of the Szymczak family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Szymczak research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 146 and 1460 are included under the topic Early Szymczak History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Szymczak Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sxymanski, Syzmanczewski, Syzmaniecki, Szzymaniecki, Szymanowicz, Szymanowski and many more.
Early Notables of the Szymczak family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Szymczak Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Szymczak migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Szymczak Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- George Szymczak, aged 3, who landed in America from Szymberga, Germany, in 1905
- Jan Szymczak, aged 19, who settled in America from Ornaty, Russia, in 1906
- Adam Szymczak, aged 19, who landed in America from Modle, Russia, in 1909
- Anton Szymczak, aged 34, who landed in America from Sibler, Germany, in 1909
- Apollonia Szymczak, aged 32, who settled in America from Sibler, Germany, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Szymczak (post 1700) +
- Christian Szymczak (b. 1974), American racecar driver
- Andrzej Szymczak (b. 1948), Polish former Olympic handball player
- Ryszard W. Szymczak (1944-1996), Polish former footballer
- Davie Szymczak (b. 1963), Canadian professional hockey player
Related Stories +
- ^ Konarski, Simon, Armorial De La Noblesse Polonaise Titrée Paris: De L’Académie Internationale D’Héraldique, 1958. Print