Swindlehurst History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Swindlehurst family
The surname Swindlehurst was first found in East Cheshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor near Cheadle. "This was in the parish of Cheadle, in which immediate district all our Swindells have sprung."  "The name of Swindells in this county has mostly been confined to Stockport parish, and especially to the townships of Marple and Disley, from the reign of Henry VIII. to the present day"  One source claims the family was "a branch of the family of Howford [which] held a small estate here (Bosden) in the 14th century, called 'Swyndelves'"  "The name of Swindell is characteristic of Derbyshire, and both varieties occur in the intermediate county of Stafford."  "Swindale is a chapelry in the hundred of Shap, co. Westmorland." 
Early History of the Swindlehurst family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Swindlehurst research. Another 119 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1468, 1561, 1608 and 1651 are included under the topic Early Swindlehurst History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Swindlehurst Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Swindell, Swindale, Swindle, Swyndel, Swindlehurst, Swingelhurst, Shinglehurst, Singlehurst, Swinglehurst, Swindlehirst and many more.
Early Notables of the Swindlehurst family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Swindlehurst Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Swindlehurst family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: settlers who were recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
Contemporary Notables of the name Swindlehurst (post 1700) +
- Lee Swindlehurst (b. 1960), American electrical engineer, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of California, awarded the 2006 IEEE Signal Processing Society’s Best Paper Award, 2010 IEEE Signal Processing Society’s Best Paper Award and the 2006 IEEE Communications Society Stephen O. Rice Prize
- David "Dave" Swindlehurst (b. 1956), English former footballer who played for the England National Team in 1976
- Thomas Swindlehurst (1874-1959), British silver medalist tug of war competitor at the 1908 Summer Olympics
- Owen Francis Swindlehurst (1928-1995), British clergyman, Auxiliary Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
Historic Events for the Swindlehurst family +
- Miss Sarah Ann Agnes Swindlehurst (1875-1914), Canadian Second Class Passenger from Toronto, Ontario, Canada who was traveling aboard the Empress of Ireland and died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Guppy, Henry Brougham, Homes of Family Names in Great Britain. 1890. Print.
- ^ Lower, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
- ^ Commemoration Empress of Ireland 2014. (Retrieved 2014, June 17) . Retrieved from http://www.empress2014.ca/seclangen/listepsc1.html