Stultz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Medieval Silesia is the birthplace of the noble Stultz family. The Stultz surname is derived from the German word "stoltz," which means "proud," and as such, it was most likely originally a nickname, which became a hereditary surname.
Early Origins of the Stultz family
The surname Stultz was first found in Silesia, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging province which would later play a role in the national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Stultz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stultz research. Another 152 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1480, 1526, 1562, 1719, 1771, 1816, 1834, and 1848 are included under the topic Early Stultz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Stultz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stoltz, Stolz, Stoltze, Stolze, Stolt, Stolte, Stoetzel, Stoltzel, Stolzel, Stolzer and many more.
Early Notables of the Stultz family (pre 1700)
Notables of the period with the surname Stultz were Thomas Stoltzer (1480-1526), who was a German composer and Kapellmeister to the King of Hungary. Georg Stolz von Gemappe, a calvary officer (Rittmeister) in the...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stultz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Stultz is the 6,576th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Stultz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stultz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- George Stultz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743 
- Maynus Stultz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1794 
Contemporary Notables of the name Stultz (post 1700) +
- Lex Stultz, American actor, known for A Dog In Paris (2017), Virgins Never Die (2017) and The Protégé (2015)
- Jeff Stultz, American actor from Fayetteville, NC
- Robert Stultz, American director, known for The Orville (2017)
- Brian Stultz, American Art Directors Guild Award winning art designer, known for Iron Man 3 (2013), Avengers; Infinity War (2018)
- George Irvin Stultz (1873-1955), American Major League Baseball player for the Boston Beaneaters in 1894
- Wilmer Stultz (1899-1929), American pioneering pilot who made the first non-stop flight between New York City and Havana, Cuba; he was killed in a crash on 1929
- Leighton Stultz (b. 1985), American male fashion and fitness model
- Jack C Stultz (b. 1952), American Lieutenant General, Chief, Army Reserve and Commanding General, U.S. Army Reserve Command
- Susan Stultz, Canadian politician
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)