This surname is derived from one of several place names, and probably emerged independently in the different areas. Some of the name are derived from the place named Strehla in Saxony
, on the Elbe river, Strehlen in Silesia
, or from Strehlau, Eastern Germany.
Early Origins of the Strehle family
The surname Strehle was first found in Goerz, where the name Strehle was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal
society of early Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Strehle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Strehle research.Another 141 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Strehle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Strehle Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Strehl, Strehle, Strehla, Strehlen, Strehlau and many more.
Early Notables of the Strehle family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Strehle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Strehle family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Strehle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Balthasar Strehle, aged 48, who landed in Missouri in 1845 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Strehle Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Anna Strehle, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Christine Strehle, aged 23, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Edward Strehle, aged 8, who landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Jacob Strehle, aged 37, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Johann Strehle, aged 10, who landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Strehle (post 1700)
- Fred Strehle, American Democrat politician, Candidate for supervisor of Scio Township, Michigan, 1933 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Susan Strehle, Professor of English at State University of New York (Binghamton University)