on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Streck family come from? What is the English Streck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Streck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Streck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Strechley, Strecheley, Streichleigh, Strechly, Streichley, Stretchleigh and many more.
First found in Nottingham, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and were shown in the Domesday Book in 1086 as holding lands in that shire under the name of Strahlei, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Streck research. Another 266 words(19 lines of text) covering the year 1290 is included under the topic Early Streck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Streck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Streck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alexander Magnus Streck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Carolina Blandina Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Carolus Magnus Streck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Ferdinand Mouritz Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Louisa Wilhelmina Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Streck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Streck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:36.
on orders of $85 or more