on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Streck family come from? What is the English Streck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Streck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Streck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Strechley, Strecheley, Streichleigh, Strechly, Streichley, Stretchleigh and many more.
First found in Nottingham, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and were shown in the Domesday Book in 1086 as holding lands in that shire under the name of Strahlei, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Streck research. Another 266 words (19 lines of text) covering the year 1290 is included under the topic Early Streck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Streck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Streck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alexander Magnus Streck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Carolina Blandina Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Carolus Magnus Streck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Ferdinand Mouritz Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Louisa Wilhelmina Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Ruth Streck, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wisconsin, 2008
- George Streck, American politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Ohio, 1928
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
The Streck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Streck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 December 2015 at 10:51.
on orders of $85 or more