on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Streck family come from? What is the English Streck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Streck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Streck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Strechley, Strecheley, Streichleigh, Strechly, Streichley, Stretchleigh and many more.
First found in Nottingham, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and were shown in the Domesday Book in 1086 as holding lands in that shire under the name of Strahlei, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Streck research. Another 266 words(19 lines of text) covering the year 1290 is included under the topic Early Streck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Streck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Streck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alexander Magnus Streck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Carolina Blandina Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Carolus Magnus Streck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Ferdinand Mouritz Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Louisa Wilhelmina Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
The Streck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Streck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:36.
on orders of $85 or more