on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Streck family come from? What is the English Streck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Streck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Streck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Strechley, Strecheley, Streichleigh, Strechly, Streichley, Stretchleigh and many more.
First found in Nottingham, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and were shown in the Domesday Book in 1086 as holding lands in that shire under the name of Strahlei, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Streck research. Another 266 words (19 lines of text) covering the year 1290 is included under the topic Early Streck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Streck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Streck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alexander Magnus Streck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Carolina Blandina Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Carolus Magnus Streck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Ferdinand Mouritz Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Louisa Wilhelmina Streck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
The Streck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Streck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:36.
on orders of $85 or more