on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Stolze family come from? What is the German Stolze family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stolze family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stolze family history?Medieval Silesia is the birthplace of the noble Stolze family. The Stolze surname is derived from the German word "stoltz," which means "proud," and as such, it was most likely originally a nickname, which became a hereditary surname.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stoltz, Stolz, Stoltze, Stolze, Stolt, Stolte, Stoetzel, Stoltzel, Stolzel, Stolzer and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging province which would later play a role in the national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stolze research. Another 249 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1480, 1526, 1562, 1719, 1771, 1816, 1834, and 1848 are included under the topic Early Stolze History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 66 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stolze Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stolze Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Stolze came to Syringham in 1777
- Greg Stolze (b. 1970), American novelist and writer
- Dorothy "Dottie" Stolze (1923-2003), American second basewoman in the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League who played from 1946 through 1952 for four different teams
- Joachim Stolze, German Physics Professor at Dortmund University
- Gerhard Stolze (1926-1979), famous German tenor singer, best known as a Wagner singer
- Fritz Stolze (1910-1973), German silver medalist Olympic water polo player at the 1936 Summer Olympics
- Heinrich August Wilhelm Stolze (1798-1867), German stenographer
- Lena Stolze (b. 1956), German television and film actress, Bavarian Film Award winner for Best Actress in 1983, daughter of Gerhard Stolze
- Evelyn Stolze (b. 1954), German gold, silver and bronze medalist swimmer at the 1970 European Aquatics Championships
- Franz Stolze, German scientist who in 1881 suggested improvements in methods of air photography and in 1892 first established the principle of the "floating mark" used in stereophotogrammetry, eponym of Stolze Peak, Antarctica
- Sebastian Stolze (b. 1995), German footballer who currently plays as a striker for VfL Wolfsburg, member of the Germany U19 and U20 national Teams (2013 and 2014)
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Stolze Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stolze Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 March 2015 at 08:33.
on orders of $85 or more