100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Stoltz family come from? What is the German Stoltz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stoltz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stoltz family history?Medieval Silesia is the birthplace of the noble Stoltz family. The Stoltz surname is derived from the German word "stoltz," which means "proud," and as such, it was most likely originally a nickname, which became a hereditary surname.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stoltz, Stolz, Stoltze, Stolze, Stolt, Stolte, Stoetzel, Stoltzel, Stolzel, Stolzer and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging province which would later play a role in the national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stoltz research. Another 249 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1480, 1526, 1562, 1719, 1771, 1816, 1834, and 1848 are included under the topic Early Stoltz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 66 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stoltz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stoltz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jost Stoltz, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1725
- Henrich Stoltz came to Philadelphia in 1734
Stoltz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Amalie Stoltz, aged 22, who emigrated to America, in 1894
Stoltz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andreas Stoltz, aged 30, who landed in America from Granitz, Hungary, in 1909
- Anna Stoltz, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States from Bakangzaw, Hungary, in 1911
- Edward Stoltz, aged 34, who emigrated to America from Arlan, Austria, in 1912
- Aruned J. Stoltz, aged 23, who settled in America, in 1919
- Bjarne A. Stoltz, aged 25, who settled in America, in 1919
- Marty Stoltz, American video game Cinematic Director, Game Designer, Filmmaker, and Photographer
- Kelley Stoltz, American singer, songwriter and musician
- Eric Hamilton Stoltz (b. 1961), American actor, director and producer
- Frank Roland "Rolle" Stoltz (1931-2001), Swedish ice hockey defenceman
- Conrad Stoltz (b. 1973), South African triathlete
- Robert Stoltz (b. 1976), Swedish football defender
- Gösta Stoltz (1904-1963), Swedish chess grandmaster
- Stig Roland Stoltz (b. 1954), retired Swedish ice hockey player
- Anne Frida Carolin Stoltz (b. 1981), Swedish actress
- Gerhard Stoltz (1923-1991), Norwegian economist
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
The Stoltz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stoltz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 September 2012 at 13:55.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!