on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Stillwagon was first found in Surrey
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1324 when William Stillwell held estates.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stillwell, Stilwell, Stylewell, Stylwell, Styllwell and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stillwagon research. Another 283 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1455, 1487, and 1583 are included under the topic Early Stillwagon History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Stillwagon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stillwagon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Stillwagon, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1895
Stillwagon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Howard Stillwagon, aged 51, who landed in America, in 1921
- Clarence Stillwagon, aged 27, who emigrated to America, in 1923
- William Stillwagon, aged 5, who settled in Ardmore, Pennsylvania, in 1924
- Jim Stillwagon (b. 1949), American former all star American college football player and Canadian Football League player
- W. W. Stillwagon, American politician, Member of California State Assembly 18th District, 1871-73
- R. Michael Stillwagon, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 2nd District, 1970
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Stillwagon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stillwagon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 November 2015 at 09:39.
on orders of $85 or more