on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Staggs family come from? What is the English Staggs family crest and coat of arms? When did the Staggs family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Staggs family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stagg, Stagge, Staig, Stagg and others.
First found in Devon where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Staggs research. Another 177 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1564, 1584, 1826 and 1792 are included under the topic Early Staggs History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Staggs Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Staggs Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sylvester Staggs, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States, in 1905
- Dudley Staggs, aged 33, who settled in Bedford, Indiana, in 1920
- Katherina Staggs, aged 23, who emigrated to Buffalo, Wyoming, in 1921
- Weston Staggs, aged 1, who emigrated to Buffalo, Wyoming, in 1921
- Jimmy Pearson Staggs (1935-2007), American disc jockey and record store owner
- Stephen Robert "Steve" Staggs (b. 1951), American former Major League Baseball second baseman
- Monica Staggs (b. 1970), American stuntwoman and actress
- Jay Staggs (b. 1984), American football defensive back
- Thomas O. Staggs, American chairman of the Walt Disney Company's Parks and Resorts division
- Jeffrey Hugh Staggs (b. 1944), American college and AFL football player
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
The Staggs Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Staggs Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 May 2015 at 13:17.
on orders of $85 or more