on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Speller family come from? What is the English Speller family crest and coat of arms? When did the Speller family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Speller family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Speller, Spiller, Spiler, Speler and others.
First found in Buckinghamshire where they held a family seat from ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Speller research. Another 245 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1649, 1591 and 1637 are included under the topic Early Speller History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Speller Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Speller Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- C. Speller landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1754
Speller Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Christoph Speller, who arrived in America in 1834
- L Speller, aged 40, who landed in America, in 1894
Speller Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Louisa Speller, aged 57, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Frank N. Speller, aged 33, who landed in America, in 1908
- Sarah Speller, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States from London, England, in 1911
- Walter H. Speller, aged 45, who emigrated to America from London, England, in 1911
- Florence I. Speller, aged 31, who emigrated to America from Bristol, England, in 1915
- Frank Newman Speller III, Associate Professor Emeritus of Organ at the University of Texas at Austin
- Frank Newman Speller Sr. (1875-1968), Canadian-born, American metallurgical engineer, eponym of the Frank Newman Speller Award
- Frederick Speller (1864-1940), English professional footballer
- Robert Speller, Book Publisher, New York City
- Robert "Bob" Speller PC (b. 1956), Canadian politician
- Antony "Tony" Speller (b. 1929), British Conservative politician
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Speller Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Speller Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 February 2015 at 06:59.
on orders of $85 or more