on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Speller family come from? What is the English Speller family crest and coat of arms? When did the Speller family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Speller family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Speller, Spiller, Spiler, Speler and others.
First found in Buckinghamshire where they held a family seat from ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Speller research. Another 245 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1649, 1591 and 1637 are included under the topic Early Speller History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Speller Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Speller Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- C. Speller landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1754
Speller Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Christoph Speller, who arrived in America in 1834
- L Speller, aged 40, who landed in America, in 1894
Speller Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Louisa Speller, aged 57, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Frank N. Speller, aged 33, who landed in America, in 1908
- Sarah Speller, aged 45, who emigrated to the United States from London, England, in 1911
- Walter H. Speller, aged 45, who emigrated to America from London, England, in 1911
- Florence I. Speller, aged 31, who emigrated to America from Bristol, England, in 1915
- Frank Newman Speller Sr. (1875-1968), Canadian-born, American metallurgical engineer, eponym of the Frank Newman Speller Award
- Frank Newman Speller III, Associate Professor Emeritus of Organ at the University of Texas at Austin
- Frederick Speller (1864-1940), English professional footballer
- Antony "Tony" Speller (b. 1929), British Conservative politician
- Robert "Bob" Speller PC (b. 1956), Canadian politician
- Robert Speller, Book Publisher, New York City
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
The Speller Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Speller Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 February 2015 at 06:59.
on orders of $85 or more