Sorbo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Sorbo family
The surname Sorbo was first found in Sicily (Italian: Sicilia), the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea where they held a family seat from ancient times with lands and estates. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Sorbo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sorbo research. Another 110 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sorbo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sorbo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sorbelloni, Sorba, Sorbi, Sorbo, Sorbera, Serbelloni, Serbera, Serba and many more.
Early Notables of the Sorbo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Sorbo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sorbo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sorbo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Michele Sorbo, who arrived in Ashtabula Co. Ohio sometime between 1875 and 1906
Contemporary Notables of the name Sorbo (post 1700) +
- Sam Sorbo (b. 1966), American actress, best known as Serena on the television series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
- Kevin Sorbo (b. 1958), American actor, best known for the role of Hercules in "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys"
- Jan Inge Sorbo (b. 1954), Norwegian philologist, author and poet
- Dr. Gunnar Sorbo (b. 1948), current director of the Chr. Michelsen Institute (CMI)
Related Stories +