Sobol History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: German
Early Origins of the Sobol family
The surname Sobol was first found in Silesia
, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal
System and the nation. In Silesia
the family was known to have lived in the region of Liegnitz. Chronicles mention the nearby village of Sobolow, which may have leant its name to the oldest branch of this name, as early as 1287. In 1391, chronicles record Mertin Czobelaw of Liegnitz.
Early History of the Sobol family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sobol research.Another 183 words (13 lines of text) covering the year 1605 is included under the topic Early Sobol History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sobol Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Zobel, Zobell, Zobele, Zobeli, Zoble and many more.
Early Notables of the Sobol family (pre 1700)
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sobol Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Sobol family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Georg Adam Zobel, who came to Philadelphia in 1750; Johann Wilhelm Zobel arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1751; Heinrich Zobeli arrived in Philadelphia in 1748.
Contemporary Notables of the name Sobol (post 1700)
- Leonard Sobol, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1952 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Donald J Sobol (b. 1924), American award-winning writer best known for his children's books the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series
- Jonathan Sobol, American painter
- Yuri Sobol (b. 1966), retired Russian professional footballer
- Jonathan Sobol, Canadian film director and screenwriter, best known for his work on Citizen Duane, A Beginner's Guide to Endings and The Art of the Steal
- Joshua "Yehoshua" Sobol (b. 1939), Israeli playwright, writer, and director
- Eduard Sobol (b. 1995), Ukrainian footballer
- Jan Sobol (b. 1984), Czech handball player
Sobol Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html