Snellink History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Snellink family
The surname Snellink was first found in Cambridgeshire where the first recording of the family was found in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Snellinc.  Another source confirms this entry and adds that this was in fact, an entry a tenant who held the lands before the Conquest. 
It is generally thought that the name was derived from the root surname Snell which was a nickname "for a brisk or active person, from the Middle English snell, quick, lively." 
By the time of the Pipe Rolls, Andrew and Brithmarus Snelling were listed in Essex in 1204; Pat Snelling was found in Hertfordshire in 1222; and Rams Snelling was found in Norfolk c. 1250. 
Kirby's Quest lists: Walter Snellyng; Michael Snellyng; and John Snellyng, all in Somerset, 1 Edward III (during the first year of Edward III's reign.) 
Early History of the Snellink family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Snellink research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1582, 1583 and 1790 are included under the topic Early Snellink History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Snellink Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Snelling, Snellinc, Snellin, Snellinge and others.
Early Notables of the Snellink family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Snellink Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Snellink family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Robert Snellin who settled in Barbados in 1678 with his wife and son John; Richard Snelling settled in Virginia in 1653; William Snelling settled in New England in 1630.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds., Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8)
- Lower, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges, A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8)
- Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- Dickinson, F.H., Kirby's Quest for Somerset of 16th of Edward the 3rd London: Harrison and Sons, Printers in Ordinary to Her Majesty, St, Martin's Lane, 1889. Print.