on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Snelling family come from? What is the English Snelling family crest and coat of arms? When did the Snelling family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Snelling family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Snelling, Snellinc, Snellin, Snellinge and others.
First found in Surrey where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and were recorded as Lords of the manor before the taking of the Domesday Book,  in 1086.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Snelling research. Another 221 words(16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Snelling History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Snelling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Snelling Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Snelling settled in New England in 1630
- William Snelling, who arrived in Newbury, Massachusetts in 1648
- Richd Snelling, who landed in Virginia in 1653
- Richard Snelling settled in Virginia in 1653
- John Snelling, who arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1657
Snelling Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Franz Snelling, who arrived in New York, NY in 1782
Snelling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Snelling, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Benjamin Snelling, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
Snelling Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Henry Snelling arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Charles Kerr" in 1840
- Elizabeth Snelling, aged 21, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1853 aboard the ship "Epaminondas"
- Diane B. Snelling (b. 1952), American politician
- William Joseph Snelling (1804-1848), American adventurer, writer, poet, and journalist
- Walter Otheman Snelling (1880-1965), American chemist and explosives expert who discovered propane, recipient of the Edward Longstreth Medal (1962); Honorary Doctor of Science, Lehigh University
- Charles Melton Snelling (1862-1939), the first Chancellor or the University of Georgia
- Charles Frederick Theodore Snelling (b. 1937), Canadian Olympic figure skater
- Christopher Doyle Snelling (b. 1981), former Major League Baseball outfielder
- John James "Jack" Snelling (b. 1972), Australian politician
- Colonel Josiah Snelling (1782-1828), first commander of Fort Snelling, Minnesota
- Richard Arkwright Snelling (1927-1991), Governor of Vermont from 1977 to 1985
- ^ Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds., Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8)
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
The Snelling Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Snelling Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 September 2014 at 05:19.
on orders of $85 or more