on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Sisco family come from? What is the Spanish Sisco family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sisco family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sisco family history?The distinguished surname Sisco comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez." The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. Some names are derived from the saints of the Christian Church, but many Spanish surnames are derived from personal names of Germanic origin. The Visigoths, who ruled Spain between the mid-5th and early 8th centuries had a profound impact on the development of surnames.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Franco, Francos, Franca, Francés, Frances and many more.
First found in Castile, in northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sisco research. Another 405 words (29 lines of text) covering the year 1175 is included under the topic Early Sisco History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Sisco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sisco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Chas. T. Sisco, aged 54, who landed in America from Liverpool, in 1892
- Gintano Sisco, aged 41, who settled in America, in 1894
- Saverio Sisco, aged 16, who settled in America, in 1897
Sisco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Guiseppe Sisco, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Piano Gradi, in 1906
- Victor Sisco, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1918
- Joseph Sisco, aged 28, who emigrated to America, in 1919
- Pio Emanuele Sisco, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States, in 1919
- Pio-Giovanni Sisco, aged 40, who landed in America from Livorno, in 1919
Sisco Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Albert Sisco, aged 25, who settled in Yarmouth, Canada, in 1918
- Wuntworth Sisco, aged 18, who settled in Yarmouth, Canada, in 1918
- Steve Sisco (b. 1969), retired American Major League Baseball utility player
- Kristina Sisco (b. 1982), American actress
- Andrew Frank Sisco (b. 1983), American Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- T. B. Sisco, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1940
- Pierre Sisco, American politician, U.S. Consular Agent in Dover, 1884
- Kenneth D. Sisco, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for California, 1972
- Dennis Sisco, American Republican politician, Chair of Ogemaw County Republican Party, 2007
- Jordan Christopher Sisco (b. 1988), Canadian CFL football wide receiver for the Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Sisco Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sisco Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 November 2015 at 10:24.
on orders of $85 or more