100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Sisco family come from? What is the Spanish Sisco family crest and coat of arms? When did the Sisco family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Sisco family history?The distinguished surname Sisco comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez." The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. Some names are derived from the saints of the Christian Church, but many Spanish surnames are derived from personal names of Germanic origin. The Visigoths, who ruled Spain between the mid-5th and early 8th centuries had a profound impact on the development of surnames.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Franco, Francos, Franca, Francés, Frances and many more.
First found in Castile, in northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sisco research. Another 405 words(29 lines of text) covering the year 1175 is included under the topic Early Sisco History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Sisco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sisco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Chas. T. Sisco, aged 54, who landed in America from Liverpool, in 1892
- Gintano Sisco, aged 41, who settled in America, in 1894
- Saverio Sisco, aged 16, who settled in America, in 1897
Sisco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Guiseppe Sisco, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Piano Gradi, in 1906
- Victor Sisco, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1918
- Joseph Sisco, aged 28, who emigrated to America, in 1919
- Pio Emanuele Sisco, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States, in 1919
- Pio-Giovanni Sisco, aged 40, who landed in America from Livorno, in 1919
Sisco Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Albert Sisco, aged 25, who settled in Yarmouth, Canada, in 1918
- Wuntworth Sisco, aged 18, who settled in Yarmouth, Canada, in 1918
- Andrew Frank Sisco (b. 1983), American Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Kristina Sisco (b. 1982), American actress
- Steve Sisco (b. 1969), retired American Major League Baseball utility player
- Jordan Christopher Sisco (b. 1988), Canadian CFL football wide receiver for the Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Sisco Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Sisco Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 May 2014 at 17:04.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!