Early Origins of the Sirois family
The surname Sirois was first found in Forez
, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in this region and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived. They were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Sirois family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sirois research.Another 155 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sirois History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sirois Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Sirois, Sirouz, Seroz, Seroux, Serreau, Sireau, Serot, Sirot, Cirois and many more.
Early Notables of the Sirois family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Sirois Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Sirois family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: including many of the name who migrated to the New World from the mid 17th century onward.
Contemporary Notables of the name Sirois (post 1700)
- Leon Duray "Jigger" Sirois (b. 1935), former American racing driver
- Joe Sirois (b. 1972), American drummer from Andover, Massachusetts who played with The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- Edward D. Sirois, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Massachusetts 7th District, 1937; Massachusetts Republican State Chair, 1941 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Allan Sirois (b. 1975), Canadian former ice hockey player from Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec
- Myriam Sirois (b. 1975), Canadian actress and voice actress
- Robert "Bob" Sirois (b. 1954), retired Canadian professional ice hockey right winger who played 286 games from Montreal, Quebec
- Richard Z. Sirois, Canadian radio and television comedian from Matane, Quebec
- Richard "Rich" Sirois (b. 1957), Canadian retired International Hockey League goalie from Montreal, Quebec
- Allyre Louis Joseph Sirois (1923-2012), Canadian soldier awarded the Croix de Guerre for his work for MI5 behind enemy lines, Canadian judge of the Court of the Queen's Bench in Saskatchewan
- Charles Sirois (b. 1954), Canadian businessman, founder, controlling shareholder, Chairman and CEO of Telesystem Ltd., member of the Order of Canada in 1994