on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Simpkins family come from? What is the English Simpkins family crest and coat of arms? When did the Simpkins family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Simpkins family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Simkins, Simpkins, Simkin, Simpkin, Sinkin, Sinkins, Sinkings, Simkiss, Simpkiss, Semken, Sempken, Semkin, Sempkin, Semkins, Sempkins, Symkins, Symekyn, Symkyn, Sympkynn, Simekin, Simkinson, Simpkinson and many more.
First found in county Suffolk, where the family was established in early days, distinguishing itself from its parent branches, Simon and Sim.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Simpkins research. Another 284 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1199, 1378, 1466, 1524, 1667, 1790, 1805, and 1845 are included under the topic Early Simpkins History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 24 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Simpkins Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Simpkins family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 112 words(8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Simpkins Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nathaniell Simpkins, aged 26, who arrived in St. Christopher in 1635
- Nathaniel Simpkins, aged 26, landed in St Christopher in 1635
- Nathaniell Simpkins, aged 26, arrived in St Christopher in 1635
- Ralph Simpkins, who landed in Virginia in 1636
- Edward Simpkins, who arrived in Virginia in 1637
Simpkins Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Simpkins, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
Simpkins Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Maria Simpkins, English convict from Wiltshire, who was transported aboard the "America" on December 30, 1830, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Australia
- Susan Simpkins, aged 17, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1855 aboard the ship "Warren Hastings"
Simpkins Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Simpkins landed in Auckland, New Zealand in 1840
- Andy Simpkins (1932-1999), American jazz musician
- Charles Simpkins (b. 1963), American Olympic athlete
- Dickey Simpkins (b. 1972), American professional basketball player
- John Simpkins (1862-1898), American politician from Massachusetts; U.S. Representative 1895–1898
- Ron Simpkins (b. 1958), American professional football player
- Michael Simpkins (b. 1978), English professional footballer
- Chris Simpkins, Chief Executive of the Falkland Islands 2003–2007
- James "Jim" Simpkins (d. 2004), Canadian cartoonist and artist
- Luke Simpkins (b. 1964), Australian politician from Western Australia
- Paul Simpkins (b. 1958), Australian professional rugby league referee
- The Ancestors of Simpkins & Snowden by Lorna K. Simpkins.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Simpkins Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Simpkins Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 November 2014 at 09:20.
on orders of $85 or more