Simoes History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Portuguese surname Simoes is of patronymic
origin, as it is derived from the personal name
of the father of the original bearer of the name. The surname Simoes is derived from the Portuguese personal Simao, which in turn is derived from the Hebrew
personal name "Shim'on" meaning "to hearken." Thus, the surname Simoes signifies "son or descendant of Simao."
Early Origins of the Simoes family
The surname Simoes was first found in Portugal, where the family held their ancestral seat for centuries.
Early History of the Simoes family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Simoes research.Another 352 words (25 lines of text) covering the year 1438 is included under the topic Early Simoes History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Simoes Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Simoes family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Simoes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Simoes family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jose Simo Borell who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860.
Contemporary Notables of the name Simoes (post 1700)
- Victor Simões (b. 1981), Brazilian footballer
- René Simões (b. 1952), Brazilian footballer and football coach
- JP Simões (b. 1970), Portuguese singer and musician
- José Simões (b. 1913), Portuguese footballer
- João Simões Lopes Neto (1865-1916), Brazilian journalist and author
- Hugo Simões (b. 1986), Portuguese footballer
- Jaime Daniel Melão Simões (b. 1989), Portuguese footballer
- Francisco Simões (b. 1946), Portuguese sculptor and artist
- Fabiana da Silva Simões (b. 1989), Brazilian footballer
- Eduardo Simões (b. 1982), Portuguese footballer
- ... (Another 7 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Simoes Family Crest Products