Early Origins of the Simkins family
The surname Simkins was first found in county Suffolk
, where the family was established in early days, distinguishing itself from its parent branches, Simon and Sim.
Early History of the Simkins family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Simkins research.Another 284 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1199, 1378, 1466, 1524, 1667, 1790, 1805, and 1845 are included under the topic Early Simkins History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Simkins Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Simkins, Simpkins, Simkin, Simpkin, Sinkin, Sinkins, Sinkings, Simkiss, Simpkiss, Semken, Sempken, Semkin, Sempkin, Semkins, Sempkins, Symkins, Symekyn, Symkyn, Sympkynn, Simekin, Simkinson, Simpkinson and many more.
Early Notables of the Simkins family (pre 1700)
Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Simkins Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Simkins family to Ireland
Some of the Simkins family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 112 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Simkins family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Simkins Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Edward Simkins, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1682
- Edward Simkins, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Simkins Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jane Simkins, who arrived in Virginia in 1714
- E. Simkins (1779-1831) was a distinguished American lawyer
Simkins Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Walter Simkins (1868-1925) was a prominent American editor
Contemporary Notables of the name Simkins (post 1700)
- William Stewart Simkins (1842-1929), American law professor
- Modjeska Monteith Simkins (1899-1992), American civil rights leader
- Francis Butler Simkins (1897-1966), American historian
- Eldred Simkins (1779-1831), American lawyer and politician from South Carolina; U.S. representative 1818–21
- Michael Simkins (b. 1956), English actor
- Geoff Simkins (b. 1948), British jazz musician and saxophonist