Shorrocks History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Shorrocks family
The surname Shorrocks was first found in Lancashire
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1332 when Richard de Shorrock held estates at Shorrock Green in that county.
Early History of the Shorrocks family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Shorrocks research.Another 273 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1682, 1455, 1487, 1761, 1639, 1642, 1630, 1684 and 1660 are included under the topic Early Shorrocks History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Shorrocks Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Shorrock, Shorock, Sharrock, Shurrock, Sharrox, Sharrocks and many more.
Early Notables of the Shorrocks family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Robert Sharrock, English Rector of Drayton Parslow from 1639 to 1642; and his son, Robert Sharrock (1630-1684), an English churchman and... Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Shorrocks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Shorrocks family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: James Shorrock, who arrived in United States or West Indies in 1747; David Shorrock, who settled in United States or West Indies in 1747; James Sharrock, who settled in Martinique in 1747.
Contemporary Notables of the name Shorrocks (post 1700)
- Ernest Shorrocks (1875-1916), English cricketer who played in one first-class cricket match for Somerset in the 1905 season
- Anthony Shorrocks, English contemporary economist, former Professor at the London School of Economics, developer of the Shorrocks index
- Anthony Shorrocks, British Music Professor at the University of Liverpool
- Dr. Julie Shorrocks, British Research Assistant in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Central Lancashire
- Ray Shorrocks, Australian Executive Director at Patersons Securities Limited
Shorrocks Family Crest Products