Shorrocks History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Shorrocks family
The surname Shorrocks was first found in Lancashire at Shorrock Green, a former hamlet 4 miles west of Blackburn. It was here that Richard de Shorrok was registered in the the Subsidy Rolls of 1332. 
Early History of the Shorrocks family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Shorrocks research. Another 137 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1682, 1455, 1487, 1761, 1639, 1642, 1630, 1684 and 1660 are included under the topic Early Shorrocks History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Shorrocks Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Shorrock, Shorock, Sharrock, Shurrock, Sharrox, Sharrocks and many more.
Early Notables of the Shorrocks family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Robert Sharrock, English Rector of Drayton Parslow from 1639 to 1642; and his son, Robert Sharrock (1630-1684), an English churchman and...
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Shorrocks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Shorrocks family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: James Shorrock, who arrived in United States or West Indies in 1747; David Shorrock, who settled in United States or West Indies in 1747; James Sharrock, who settled in Martinique in 1747.
Contemporary Notables of the name Shorrocks (post 1700) +
- Ernest Shorrocks (1875-1916), English cricketer who played in one first-class cricket match for Somerset in the 1905 season
- Anthony Shorrocks, English contemporary economist, former Professor at the London School of Economics, developer of the Shorrocks index
- Anthony Shorrocks, British Music Professor at the University of Liverpool
- Dr. Julie Shorrocks, British Research Assistant in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Central Lancashire
- Ray Shorrocks, Australian Executive Director at Patersons Securities Limited
Related Stories +
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)