on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, Swedish
Where did the English Severson family come from? What is the English Severson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Severson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Severson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Serbington, Servington, Serbinton, Servinton, Sevington, Sebbington, Sebington, Savington, Savinton, Cerfington and many more.
First found in Devon where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 12th century when they held estates in that shire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Severson research. Another 277 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1080, 1091, 1399, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Severson History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Severson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Severson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Severson, aged 64, who emigrated to America, in 1895
- H. M. Severson, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1895
- Henry Severson, aged 48, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
Severson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- May Severson, aged 33, who emigrated to America, in 1905
- Harry A Severson, aged 32, who landed in America, in 1910
- Lawrence Severson, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1912
- Edla Severson, aged 2, who landed in America, in 1914
- George Severson, aged 44, who emigrated to the United States, in 1914
Severson Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Hans P. Severson, aged 26, who settled in St. Johns, Newfoundland, in 1907
- Daniel Mark "Dan" Severson (b. 1954), American politician
- Jeffrey Kent Severson (b. 1949), American former NFL football safety
- Richard Allen Severson (b. 1945), American former Major League Baseball shortstop
- Kim Marie Severson (b. 1961), American writer for the New York Times
- Paul Severson (1929-2007), American music arranger and composer, recipient of 15 Clio Awards, best known for his Doublemint gum jingle
- Cam Severson (b. 1978), Canadian professional NHL ice hockey centre
- Richard Severson, Brigadier General in the United States Air Force
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Severson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Severson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2015 at 04:10.
on orders of $85 or more