Seidl History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Seidl family
The surname Seidl was first found in Switzerland, where the name has been traced to Swiss origins before the family's emigration to Germany in 1315, gaining a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, most notably in Brandenburg and Silesia, consistently elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Seidl family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Seidl research. Another 269 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1315, 1533, 1544, 1699, 1729, and 1821 are included under the topic Early Seidl History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Seidl Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Seidel, Seidell, Seidler, Seider, Seidl, Seiden, Seide, Seydl, Seydel, Seidelmann, Seidelman, Seidemann, Seideman, Seid, Seidt, Seidmann and many more.
Early Notables of the Seidl family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time with the surname Seidl were the descendent of Georg Christoph Seidl, Georg Christoph Gottlieb von Seidl, who was a Prussian privy councillor...
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Seidl Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Seidl is the 10,847th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Seidl migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Seidl Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anton Seidl, who landed in America in 1859 
- Catha. Seidl, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States from Oberzwielan, Bavaria, in 1893
Seidl Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emile Seidl, aged 17, who landed in America from Tbraslavice, Bohemia, in 1905
- Adolf Seidl, aged 24, who settled in America from Vienna, in 1905
- Anna Seidl, aged 8, who immigrated to America from Waldkirchen, Germany, in 1906
- Bernard Seidl, aged 41, who settled in America from Waldkirchen, Germany, in 1906
- Eduard Seidl, aged 23, who settled in America from Vinohrady, Bohemia, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Seidl (post 1700) +
- John D. Seidl, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Idaho 2nd District, 1996 
- Manuel Seidl (b. 1988), Austrian professional association football player
- Florian Seidl (b. 1979), Austrian vehicle designer
- Ulrich Seidl (b. 1952), Austrian film director, writer and producer
- Anton Seidl (1850-1898), Hungarian conductor
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html