Schuchard History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Schuchard can be traced back to the state of Thuringia, where the name first emerged. "Schuchard" is the Thuringian form of the Middle High German word "schuochworhte," which means "shoemaker."
Early Origins of the Schuchard family
The surname Schuchard was first found in the region of Thuringia, where it first emerged as a surname. At around the same time, the name was emerging in other regions in forms that correspond to other German dialects; for example, the name "Schubert" could be found in Saxony and Silesia, and "Schaumann" emerged in Westphalia.
Early History of the Schuchard family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schuchard research. Another 154 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1404, 1461, 1580, 1657, 1705, 1730, 1734, 1778, and 1802 are included under the topic Early Schuchard History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schuchard Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schuchardt, Shugart, Schugard, Schuchart, Schuchard, Schuckert, Schucker, Shugard, Shugert, Shugerd, Shugardt and many more.
Early Notables of the Schuchard family (pre 1700)
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schuchard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Schuchard migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schuchard Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Siemon Schuchard, who arrived in New York, NY in 1782 
Schuchard Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Conr Schuchard, who landed in North America in 1832-1849 
- Max Schuchard, aged 31, who immigrated to the United States from Gnesen, in 1893
- Otto Schuchard, aged 29, who settled in America, in 1894
- Emma Schuchard, aged 55, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
Schuchard Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- W.H. Schuchard, who landed in America, in 1904
- Gottl. C. Schuchard, aged 19, who landed in America from Castle Germany, in 1905
- Hermann Schuchard, aged 45, who landed in America, in 1906
- Ernest Schuchard, aged 9, who landed in America, in 1906
- Marie Schuchard, aged 8, who landed in America, in 1906
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Schuchard (post 1700) ||+|
- Monika Schuchard, German editor of television shows, best known for her work on Hamburg Dockland
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)