Schoenfeldt History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Silesia is the glorious birthplace of the distinguished surname Schoenfeldt. In the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Silesia derived its name from the Germanic tribe named the Silingers, who occupied Silesia between the 2nd and the 6th centuries.
Early Origins of the Schoenfeldt family
The surname Schoenfeldt was first found in Saxony, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in economic, political, and in particular military affairs.
Early History of the Schoenfeldt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Schoenfeldt research. Another 180 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1260, 1648, 1594, 1788, 1870, 1609, 1684, 1739 and 1793 are included under the topic Early Schoenfeldt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schoenfeldt Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Schoenfeld, Schoenfelder, Schonfelder, Schoenfeldt, Schonfeld and many more.
Early Notables of the Schoenfeldt family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Schoenfeldt at this time were Johann Heinrich Schönfeld (1609-1684), a German Baroque painter; Johann Georg Schoenfelder, pastor of Fischamend, and his brothers Johann Moritz Schoenberger, Doctor of Medicine, and...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Schoenfeldt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Schoenfeldt migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Schoenfeldt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Martin Schoenfeldt, who landed in Texas in 1850-1906 
- Barbara Gerken Schoenfeldt, who landed in Kansas in 1876 
- Jakob Schoenfeldt, who arrived in Kansas in 1876 
- Valentine Schoenfeldt, who arrived in Kansas in 1878 
Contemporary Notables of the name Schoenfeldt (post 1700) +
- Lyle F. Schoenfeldt, American business management professor
- David J. Schoenfeldt, American Republican politician, Supervisor of Erin Township, Michigan; Elected 1933 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html